It’s hard to believe that my beautiful little girl turned 6 years old today.
It was a good day. 🙂
Just for fun, I thought I’d ask her a few questions, inspired by this birthday interview here.
- Maya, how old are you today? 6
- How does it feel to be 6? I feel old. Like I should be in first grade, but I’m only in Kindergarten.
- How was your day? Good.
- What was the weather like? Sunny.
- What do you think is the most important thing you’ve learned in life so far? Math. And sorting things by size and color.
- How do you think you’re different from a year ago? I feel older.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? My heart. Because it’s red and it pumps blood to make you healthy.
- You’ve been in school for two weeks now. What do you think of it so far? I think it’s fun because you can make friends there. I have lots of new friends so far.
- Who’s your best friend? Autumn
- What do you like learning about? I like learning about trees, flowers, bees, trucks, and elephants.
- Is there anything you’d do to improve your educational experience? What does that mean?
- Tell me about our family. Our family is important because they take care of me and bring me to special places like a restaurant or the carnival.
- What do you like about having a sister? It’s fun. When I didn’t have a sister, it wasn’t much fun to play by myself, but now that I do have a sister, I can play with my sister on the playground.
- Did we take any vacations this year? To Jamaica, Texas, and New York. (Note: We went to Jamaica in September of 2008. Two years ago.)
- In the past year, what have been some of your favorite books, movies, and music? My favorite music is Lady Gaga. My favorite movie is The Princess and the Frog. My favorite book is the Princess Tiana Tag book.
- What’s your favorite TV show? I forgot!
- Okay, do you remember what you watched last night? America’s Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Home Makeover.
- If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do? I’d play outside all day if you let me.
- What’s your favorite toy to play with? My playground.
- What’s your favorite part of your playground? My glider.
Maura, who had been upstairs having a little temper tantrum up until now, had to chime in here: My favorite is going on the swing!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor.
Little sis: Me too!
- What kind of doctor? A nurse. (Her grandma is a nurse; that may be where this comes from!)
- Do you think you’ll ever get married? I don’t know. I probably will.
Little sis: I’m going to get married!
- How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? 80.
- What have you learned about boys this year? Boys do weird stuff. And they steal from girls. Jack stole my Silly Band.
- What’s your favorite food? Macaroni & cheese and pizza. Cheese and pepperoni.
Little sis: I like macaroni & cheese.
- And your favorite candy? Lollipops.
Little sis: I like lollipops, too!
- Anything you’re scared of? Monsters.
Little sis: I’m scared of monsters, too!
- Anything else you’d like to say? No, thank you.
- Can you think of any questions I should have asked but didn’t? You should have asked what my favorite dessert is.
- So what’s your favorite dessert? Strawberry cake (she means red velvet) and blueberry muffins.
Little sis: I like muffins!
- Anything else? I think that’s it.
So that’s going to be all then. Happy birthday, Maya!
Little sis: And me too!