I’ve been so lucky to have developed some amazing relationships this past year. One of the most gratifying has been that of working with Giant Food.
Giant Food is a chain of over 200 supermarkets scattered throughout Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Delaware. Giant’s sister company is Stop & Shop, which is found throughout New England.
I attended several Giant Food-sponsored events late last year, and getting to know Robin Michel, Executive VP and General Manager of Giant, was an absolute pleasure, as was meeting Consumer Advisor Andrea Astrachan.
I’ve learned so much from Andrea, as you can see from the following posts:
- how to save money and time at the grocery store
- how to maintain my sanity during the holiday season
- how to use the Healthy Ideas symbol to make choosing healthier foods effortless
- stress-free (and healthy!) suggestions for Super Bowl parties
- fun ways to celebrate the Inaugural activities with my girls
- how to be ‘egg-stra’ careful when it comes to food safety on Easter.
Giant’s quickly become one of my favorite grocery stores, and I’m not just saying that because I know the VP! It’s just a great store. We were there this past Saturday for a store-wide Easter event, where my 4-year old ran down the aisles looking for eggs, visited with the Easter Bunny, and even brought home a cookie she decorated. It was a lot of fun.
Some other reasons I love Giant:
- Most of the stores in my area have been recently renovated, so they’re bright, clean, and well-organized.
- I can find a greater selection of organic produce at Giant than I can at other stores.
- The store brands are amazing! Definitely competitive with name brands, if not better.
- Their selection of prepared food is great. Yummy rotisserie chicken!
- The handheld scanners that let you scan your items while you shop, and not have to wait as long in line, are something I haven’t seen anywhere else.
- Those fun car carts are in abundance, so shopping turns into an amusement park ride for my girls!
- I take full advantage of the double and triple-coupon promotions in the weekly circular.
- And Peapod is a lifesaver!
Giveaway is closed. Winners are listed here.
Thanks to the generosity of Giant and Stop & Shop, I’ve got two gift cards, valued at $50 each, to give away. Just leave me a comment telling me which store’s gift card you’d prefer, and I’ll pick one winner from each set of entries.
For extra entries:
- Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post.
- Subscribe to my feed (or let me know if you already do).
- Follow me on Twitter (@looknohands) and tweet about this giveaway: Who doesn’t want free groceries? Win a $50 gift card to Giant or Stop & Shop from @looknohands: http://twurl.nl/kq3a18 – 2 winners!
- Grab my button and link to me in your sidebar or blog roll.
- Stumble this page and leave your Stumble Upon name in the comment.
- Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites.
Please leave a separate comment for each entry and leave a valid email address or blog URL in your comment. US entries only. This contest ends at 11:59 pm EST on April 30th, 2009. Winners will be chosen at random, and have 3 days to claim their prize.