A huge thanks to Lindsay Dianne from The Urban Momtographer for the amazing comment she left on yesterday’s post (day 15). It totally made my day. That’s exactly why I take on projects like this.
Today’s task is a writing assignment! I haven’t given you one of these in a while, right?
Day 16: Solve a problem for a reader
Half of my traffic comes from search engines. Using Google Analytics, I find that people often ask questions that lead them here to my blog. Phrases such as:
- What to say to someone who is dying?
- What’s the best car seat?
- How do you get air bubbles out of the Otterbox case?
- How do you say hello in Chile?
- What is the relationship of my cousin’s niece to me?
- What do I get mom for Valentine’s day?
- What are the important criteria when buying a playset?
- How should I store cupcakes so they don’t get mushy?
Most of these queries are problems that my readers are looking to solve. I’m sure that many times they’ll leave my blog satisfied, but also know that they often won’t find the answer they’re looking for. This is why I use these keywords searches as prompts for future posts. If you solve a problem for one of your readers, you will instantly make an impact.
- Write a post where you solve a problem for a reader. Read more about this at ProBlogger.
If you’d like to participate, leave a comment so we can visit your blog and see how you’re doing! You can also link up specific posts related to today’s challenge below and go back and revisit previous tasks.