To me, May is all about celebrating moms!
Mother’s Day is next Sunday, of course, but I also celebrate it on the 10th (Mexican Mother’s Day) and the 27th (Bolivian Mother’s Day). One of the perks of being part of a multicultural family!
How do you celebrate Mother’s Day?
Other than calling my mom, grandmas, and a few other special moms I know, we don’t do anything out of the ordinary. I basically hang out with my kids all day. There are tons of hugs, kisses, and I-love-you’s, playing and goofing around… so, really, everyday is Mother’s Day! 😉 Actually, I do have plans for this Sunday – Maya and Maura don’t know it yet, but we’Il be starting a garden. I don’t have a green thumb whatsoever, so wish me luck!
A brand new Mother’s Day episode of Curious George that celebrates Hispanic heritage and Latina moms is premiering this Friday, May 6th, on PBS KIDS.
“Mother’s Day Surprise” features George helping his new friend Marco surprise his Mami with a party. Like every episode, it’s a lot of fun, and features the sweet and endearing little monkey getting into some kind of trouble! If your kids are anything like mine, they’ll be begging you to help them make a piñata after seeing this! Watch this short preview:
Check your local listing for the exact time “Mother’s Day Surprise” will be on. If your kids love Curious George as much as mine, you should also visit pbskids.org/curiousgeorge, where you’ll find games, video clips, and printable coloring pages. Tip: Maura, my 3-year-old, loves the sand castle game!
I’m co-hosting the #CuriousGeorgeMoms Bilingual Twitter Party this Thursday!
- What: Moms Celebrating Moms, brought to you by Curious George
- When: Thursday, May 5th from 1pm – 2pm EST (10am PST)
- Where: Follow the hashtag#CuriousGeorgeMoms
- Who: Your co-hosts are @OhMariana (me!), @mamalatina, @thoughtsofamomy, and @Tracy_Iglesias. Moderated by @lbconnect.
- Special guest: One of the Executive Producers of WGBH will also join the party! Dorothea Gillim (@DorotheaGillim) is the Executive Producer of Curious George for WGBH and creator of WordGirl, an Emmy Award winning series on PBS KIDS. She has also been involved in the creation and production of several series including Science Court for ABC Saturday Morning and Hey Monie for Oxygen.
- Prizes: Three winners will pamper themselves with a $100 gift certificate from Aveda.com!
To be eligible to win, you must participate in the party! Do so by making sure you have at least one original tweet within the hour (RT’s not eligible) using the #CuriousGeorgeMoms hashtag and answer the giveaway questions. Read more about this event on Facebook, and RSVP at Twtvite.
If you’re up for a little monkeying around that afternoon, please join us! We’ll be tweeting bilingually, giving you a chance to practice your Spanish before ordering those margaritas on Cinco de Mayo. 😉
Disclosure: I’ll be compensated for my participation in the #CuriousGeorgeMoms Twitter Party. We received a preview DVD for review purposes, but all opinions are my own.