Michael Bublé’s most recent release – “Crazy Love” – is a collection of passionate songs that embodies the deep mysteries of love sung by one of the most exciting, young performers today. The multi-Grammy winning artist hunkered down in recording studios in LA, Brooklyn, New York and his hometown of Vancouver for the last six months to make his “ultimate record about the inevitable roller coaster ride of relationships” and I truly think it’s an amazing collection of songs! His previous album, 2007’s Grammy winning “Call Me Irresponsible” was a #1 album in over 15 countries, and he’s sold over 22 million albums worldwide.
Michael sings a jazz classic as effortlessly as he sings a rock song. I watched him on Oprah last week, and there’s just something so playful about the way he performs. He looks like he’s having fun, and it translates into his music. A tracklisting and my opinion of his new songs:
1. Cry Me A River – something about this song reminded me of a James Bond movie. Very suave.
2. All Of Me – “You took the part that used to be my heart, so why not take all of me?” Heart-breaking! Loved the trumpet in the song.
3. Georgia On My Mind – a gentle version of Ray Charles’ classic
4. Crazy Love – a cover of the Van Morrison original
5. Haven’t Met You Yet – the first single, co-written by Bublé. One of my favorites!
6. All I Do Is Dream Of You
7. Hold On – The lyrics to this song reminded me of “Lean on Me.” Very positive and full of hope.
8. Heartache Tonight – originally sung by the Eagles, this is probably the most unique song. It has a big band feel that really works.
9. You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You – Now this is just a pretty song! Perfect for a slow dance. (Someone tell my husband that! ;))
10. Baby (You’ve Got What It Takes) – featuring Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings
11. At This Moment – I wasn’t blown away by this. I prefer Billy Vera’s original version.
12. Stardust – Performed with the acapella group Naturally 7, there’s something haunting about this song! Beautiful, though. A throwback to the 30’s and 40’s.
13. Whatever It Takes (bonus track) – an easy-going duet with Ron Sexsmith
To find out more about this amazing artist, check out Michael Bublé’s website. You can also become his fan on Facebook! As for “Crazy Love” – buy it on Amazon or at your favorite music retailer. It’s available now.
Written for One2One Network, who supplied a promotional CD for review.
Other than a product sample, no compensation was received for this post.