This is part of a compensated campaign for Sverve and the Brooklyn Creamery Company.
There are days when I just don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking, but still want to make something hearty and delicious for my husband and the kids. This is when I whip up a meal like this, ready in under 30 minutes, with the help of the delicious Brooklyn Creamery Company’s Extra Thick Double Cream. This homemade Alfredo sauce tastes SO much better than any jarred sauce you can buy!
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo
with Chicken and Mushrooms
Time: 20 min Servings: 6
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles (or whatever pasta you prefer)
- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced and seasoned to taste
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 container (9 oz) Brooklyn Creamery Company Extra Thick Double Cream
- TIP: Try the Single Cream if you want to lighten up the dish a little; it has half the fat!
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 11-13 minutes, or until al dente, then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the chicken. Season it to your liking (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley) and sauté it in a little butter, cooking it about 4 minutes on each side. Move the chicken to another dish and set aside.
- Add 6 tablespoons of butter to the same pan the chicken was cooked in. Add the mushrooms, and sauté for a couple of minutes, until browned. Swirl in the double cream.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and cook the sauce over low heat for a couple of minutes, until it thickens a little and the mushrooms are soft. Because the cream is so thick already, it only takes a minute or two for it to thicken up, as opposed to heavy cream, which takes much longer because it’s so liquidy.
- Pour sauce and mushroom mixture over the pasta and stir to combine. Top with chicken and serve immediately.
I served the pasta with a side of steamed broccoli, garlic toast, and a glass of wine, of course! The sauce is so rich and creamy, and the mushrooms and cheese give it just enough flavor. Everyone in my family loved it!
By the way, this meal really does come together in about 20 minutes! To save time, I buy chicken tenderloins and pre-sliced mushrooms, and frozen broccoli that I steam in the microwave while everything else is cooking. The garlic toast is also from the frozen food section – look for ‘Texas Toast’ – and bakes in about 5 minutes.
The Brooklyn Creamery Company’s Extra Thick Double Cream can be found in the dairy section at your local Giant or Stop & Shop. I actually found it near the Latin American cheeses. I’ll definitely buy it again and can’t wait to try in a dessert! Chocolate mousse? Oh yes. You can read more about this new cream and how you can use it in this post. Visit bkcreamery.com for more information, and click here for a printable coupon.