DaGeDar (pronounced da-geh-dar), is the new racing game from Cepia. Requiring speed, skill and strategy, it’s a really unique game. Add in the collectability factor, and the interesting backstories of each character, and you’ve got a toy that’s sure to please boys (and maybe even a few girls!) this holiday season. We’ve played with these briefly, and I have to admit, DaGeDar’s a lot of fun!
The Story Behind DaGeDar
In a region far past the earth’s atmosphere lays Dimension 33: home of DaGeDar. In this place, DaGeDar reside in their spirit-like forms. Although they have different quests and motivations, DaGeDar are bonded by one uniting force: their love to race. The DaGeDar break through the veil at the earth’s surface and enter the atmosphere, transforming into high-speed ball-like avatars. It is through racing that the DaGeDar can experience their spirit within.
The DaGeDar balls have a steel core center that gives them a special weight and provides the velocity the Dags need to race around the track. Each DaGeDar character has it’s own unique graphic that reflects their inner racing spirit. Players can log-on to www.DaGeDar.com and enter the code located on the back of each ball to unlock the spirit of their ball and learn more about their character. Special balls are marked with the rare sign of “33” and are more challenging for players to collect. With over 100 different characters, players can try to collect them all!
“House Rules” rule with DaGeDar! The game encourages kids to use their own creativity and imaginations to make up their own rules of play (which they would end up doing anyway, right?). Having kids identify how to play causes them to work on the important skills of imagination, leadership and collaboration. Players can choose between three different tracks with varying levels of skill. All require the right roll to get the Dags through the loops, bends and drops. The more kids play, the more they can perfect stunts and tricks. Ultimately, it’s a game where kids decide how they want to play, and they make the rules! Maya had fun making the balls fly through the air, though it was definitely a challenge!
The three tracks:
- High Speed Battle Jump Trackset: As DaGeDar launches through the loop, players try to land it in the cup
- High Speed Score Zone Raceway: Two balls go head to head, but only one will be the ultimate victor. Players can even play for points in this cutthroat competition
- Two Lane Battle Jump Raceway: Two balls must make it through the loop and over the jump, but only one will finish first
Additional accessories complete the fun:
- Launchers: Players can go head to head, launching balls in this intense game of battle
- Carrying Cases: Take DaGeDar on the go with the special carrying cases. Each case holds up to three balls and they even clip on to your backpack!
- Spinners: Whirl your spinner and knock away approaching competition.
- Dual Top Speed Start Gate: Give DaGeDar a head start by launching it into the track set; the Start Gate gives DaGeDar even more speed!
With DaGeDar, kids learn an important life lesson – sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The important thing is to get back on the track, play again and have fun doing it!
Best for kids 5 and up, DaGeDar is available at select national retailers. DaGeDar balls, tracks and spinners are sold separately and range in price from $4.99 – $19.99.
For more information, please visit www.DaGeDar.com.