The lineup for the upcoming season of DWTS was just announced this week.
- Ron Artest, an LA Laker, is dancing for his cancer-survivor daughter. I already know I’ll be crying. He’s partnered with Peta Murgatroyd (new pro?)
- David Arquette, an actor, is dancing with reigning champ Kym Johnson.
- J.R. Martinez, a soap star & Iraqi war veteran, is partnered with Karina Smirnoff.
- Rob Kardashian, reality star (Keeping Up with the Kardashians) is dancing with two-time champion Cheryl Burke.
- Chaz Bono, the show’s 1st transgender contestant, will dance with Lacey Schwimmer.
- Ricki Lake, actress and talk show host, is partnered with Derek Hough. It might be early to say, but this will probably be one of my favorite couples. I love Ricki!
- Kristin Cavallari, reality star, is dancing with two-time champ Mark Ballas.
- Chynna Phillips, a singer (Wilson Phillips) will dance with Tony Dovolani.
- Nancy Grace is partnered with Irish dancer Tristan MacManus.
- Hope Solo, American soccer player, will be dancing with Maks Chmerkovskiy.
- Elisabetta Canalis, a model best known for being George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend, is partnered with Maks’s brother Val Chmerkovskiy.
- Carson Kressley, television star, Oprah correspondent, “fashion savant” on Bravo’s Queer Eye, is dancing with Anna Trebunskaya. I met Carson a couple of years ago, and he’s super nice. This is another couple I’m rooting for.
What do you think? The two-hour season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars” is Monday, September 19th at 8pm EST on ABC. Will you be watching?