Must-read Blog Posts
- A beautiful post about a very special letter to Santa by Sharon at Mom Generations.
- Read about what to do if the toy your child wants for Christmas is SOLD OUT on Time to Play.
- ProBlogger Darren Rowse shares 13 Ways to Get Back into Blogging after a Vacation. With so many of us going away for the holidays, this might serve as inspiration!
- Check out Holiday Food Images and Thoughts to go With ‘em at Digital Photography School.
On TV This Week
Food Network has lots of fun holiday programming, including:
- Diners, Drive-In, & Dives, “Christmas in the North Pole,” premieres Monday, December 7th at 10pm. Guy Fieri takes the Camaro to the great, white North for a holiday party like none other – in the town of North Pole, Alaska, where they are decorated for Christmas 365 days a year.
- Chopped, “Season Choppings,” premieres Tuesday, December 8th at 9pm. ‘Tis the season to shake things up! The chefs learn that as an added challenge, their dishes must have a holiday theme.
- Dinner: Impossible, “Robert & Guy’s Holiday Havoc” premieres Wednesday, December 9th at 10pm. Robert receives a surprise when Guy Fieri turns up to deliver an extreme holiday mission!
- 25 Days of Free Holiday Songs at Amazon! Visit Amazon or my previous post on this for more info.
- Win a Leapfrog My Pal Scout from Jolly Mom. Ends 12/8.
- Win a Princess and the Frog Tiana Doll and Wardrobe Play Set from Mommy Niri. Ends 12/13.
- Win a Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine at Single Serve Coffee Deals. Ends 12/14.
- Win one of five Pillow Pets from Twofer Mom. Ends 12/16.
- To help keep you in the holiday spirit and remind everyone why off-price is the better way to Christmas shop on any budget, Marshalls and T.J. Maxx have joined together for a “Carol-oke” contest. One lucky person will win a $5,000 holiday shopping spree – just for singing their favorite holiday tune! Visit YouTube’s specially-created “Caroling Channel”, www.youtube.com/jointhecarolers. There, select from one of three carols, create your own “Carol-oke” video and upload for entry into the contest. For each off-price “Carol-oke” video that is uploaded, a charity donation will be made.
- A Little Passports subscription was one of my holiday gift guide recs. Receive 20% of any purchase at www.littlepassports.com from now thru December 24, 2009. Use code LPFF2009 at checkout.
- An exclusive promotion from BlueAvocado! Their gro-pak is revolutionizing the shopping experience and they are excited to announce new products and kits now available that are more green (higher recycled content), more fashionable (kiwi wildflower, plum doodle designs) , and more functional (veg kit, easier collapsibility, and new online kits). Whether you’re looking for gifts under $19.99, teachers gifts, or even to treat yourself – check out www.blueavocado.com. Enter code: goodgift20 at checkout for 20% off!
- As someone whose family is staying connected with Presto, I know firsthand how much of an impact Presto can make in the life of a loved one. If you think you might benefit from a better way to communicate with a family member or friend who isn’t online, this offer may interest you! From now through December 31, 2009 receive a free Presto Printing Mailbox when you sign up for one year of Presto Mail service. Just call (800) 919-3199 and tell the agent you are using code HOLIDAYREFERRAL to receive the free Printing Mailbox. Learn more about Presto at www.presto.com.
- Instead of heading to the overcrowded mall this season, busy parents can shop hundreds of millions of listings when it is most convenient for them via the eBay iPhone app – while waiting in line for a latte, between TV commercials at a family or friend’s house or even during turkey dinner. The free eBay iPhone app has been downloaded more than 5 million times, making it one of the most popular apps ever, and users have used it to purchase everything from jeans to tools to high-ticket items such as cars! Available for free download on iTunes.
- Make it a Blu Christmas with $130 in savings on some of the most sought after high-definition titles from Twentieth Century Fox. Starting today, look for coupons in your major local newspaper and on www.smartsource.com. Offers include $3.00 off the hottest Blu-ray Discs like Fight Club, Independence Day, Home Alone, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Miracle on 34th Street and many more. Receive $10.00 off Blu-ray box sets including X-Men Trilogy, Rocky: The Undisputed Collection, and the Die Hard Collection just to name a few. Coupons are good at most major retailers.
Have a great week!
Sharing is caring!