Filtrete by 3M provided me with a year’s worth of air filters for my participating in this campaign, but I’ve used the brand for years, and all opinions are my own.
As the year comes to a close, we tend to reflect on the year gone by and make plans for the new year ahead, maybe even making a list of New Year’s resolutions. Mine usually are quite ambitious – lose 25 lbs, learn Italian, conquer Mt. Washmore – and most don’t ever go beyond the second week of January! So this year, instead of setting seemingly unattainable goals, I’m resolving to changing behaviors – creating habits – which will set me on the right path to achieving those goals (hopefully). A healthier home is just one of my wishes for 2014 – but how do I accomplish this?
Just a few of the items on my to-do list…
- Install smoke detectors on every floor, and test the ones we already have.
- Test the house for radon. It’s been a while.
- Create an escape route for my family, in case of an emergency (can’t believe we haven’t done this yet!)
- Cultivate an herb and vegetable garden so we save money, consume more fresh produce, and improve indoor air quality.
- Get rid of most of my cleaning products, opting instead for green cleaners.
- Enforce the ‘no shoes in the house’ rule. So much bad stuff can be tracked into the house on our shoes!
- Wash bedding and curtains regularly. I’m bad about this, but know it can reduce allergens in the home.
- Change our air filter every 3 months.
- Deep clean the carpet every 6 months. This is where my kids spend most of their time playing!
I just installed the Filtrete Healthy Living Filter about 10 days ago to help us breathe a little easier this winter! In my last post on this topic, over the summer, I wrote about the importance of changing your air filters regularly. Have YOU changed yours since then? You should have done so twice during that period! An easy way to remember is to change it at the start of every season, since Filtrete Filters last up to three months.
This particular filter features high performing electrostatic technology that captures up to 93 percent of large airborne particles, such as household dust, lint, pollen, mold spores, smoke particles, pet dander, and dust mite debris, from the air passing through the filter. With almost twice the small particle filtration than the 1000 performance level filter, it also keeps bacteria and particles that can carry viruses from the air passing through the filter, which is just what we need during flu season!
With a suggested retail price between $19.99-$21.99, the Filtrete Healthy Living Filter can be purchased at national retailers like Lowe’s, Target, Walmart, and Costco, as well as your local hardware store. Find a location near you by visiting FindMyFiltreteFilter.com. The Filtrete brand from 3M makes an entire line of air filters, so you’re certain to find the PERFECT one for your family’s needs!
To learn more about Filtrete Filters, please visit:
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Filtrete
- Twitter: @Filtrete
- Website: www.filtrete.com (be sure to register to receive seasonal e-newsletters with special offers, better living tips, and filter change reminders, which may help you keep those New Year’s resolutions!)
If you’re not sure how to change your filter, watch this video: