Today I’m feeling kind of blah. It’s been one of those days… 3pm and still in my PJs. And there are a couple of candy wrappers in my pocket. I’m going to blame it on my period coming in the next few days… that must be it.
I was supposed to weigh in this morning, but my scale’s battery died. Of course. I’ll buy a new battery and weigh in on Wednesday and make that a weekly thing from now on. As I hear the crinkle of the Snickers bar wrappers in my pocket, I keep fearing that I’ll be going back to my same old patterns before I know it… but I know I need to be strong.
That said, sometimes I feel like I don’t get any support from the people around me. BUT at the same time I have a really hard time asking for support. Words of encouragement would be nice, but it also feels strange when people comment on my weight or my looks – I’m not good at taking compliments at all. It makes me uncomfortable.
100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS, DAY 8
What would I like to hear? Good question… silence maybe? 😉
- It would help me if my husband didn’t order dessert when we go out to eat.
- It would help me if my family cleared their plates after dinner so I wouldn’t be tempted to have a bite of whatever they leave behind.
- It would help me if my family took walks with me.
- Please don’t pull my plate away when you think I’ve had enough.
- Don’t give me lectures.
- Don’t tell me not to “eat that”.
- Offer compliments once in a while.
Do you get the support you need from family members or friends?
- Exercise: Walking
- Steps: Still can’t find my tracker. Boooo
- Craving: Hummus
- Reading: Fitness mag
**Want to participate in this challenge? Read through my 100 Days posts and buy “100 Days of Weight Loss” by Linda Spangle.