Horizon Organic milk is not new to us – my girls have been drinking chocolate “moo milk” (as they call it) for a long time, usually in the single serve boxes. The combination of the cute cow on the packaging and the delicious creaminess of the milk make this beverage irresistible to them, and I’m happy that they’re drinking something nutritious, produced without antibiotics, growth hormones, or pesticides.
The newest addition to Horizon’s extensive line of dairy products is the new Horizon Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3. Available in lowfat half gallons, this chocolate milk provides a great tasting and easy way to add calcium and DHA to your family’s diet.
What is DHA?
- DHA belongs to a category of healthy fatty acids known as Omega-3s.
- Found in high concentrations in the tissues of the brain and eye, DHA Omega-3 is thought to help support healthy function in these areas. Children’s brains grow incredibly fast. In fact, the brain nearly quadruples in the first five years of life.
- DHA is a key structural component of the brain, yet many young children don’t get their recommended daily amount of DHA as it is found in a limited number of food sources.
- DHA has also been shown to help support heart health.
It’s no secret – kids love the taste of flavored milk!
- As I expected, my girls loved this chocolate milk. Thick and creamy, it’s SO much better than adding chocolate syrup to regular milk!
- According to 2005 USDA data, 66% of the milk chosen by children in schools is flavored.
- Flavored milk provides the same 9 essential nutrients as unflavored milk (calcium, potassium, phosphorous, protein, vitamins A, D, B12, Riboflavin and niacin), and can help kids meet their calcium requirements.
- Flavored milk consumers did not have higher total fat or calorie intakes than non milk consumers.
And adults do, too!
- A 2006 study showed that low fat milk was as effective at post-exercise rehydration as sports drinks.
- Because of the natural carb:pro ratio in flavored milks, low fat chocolate milk is an effective post-exercise recovery beverage.
- Consuming carbohydrate and protein post workout has been shown to:
- Enhance muscle glycogen formation.
- Promote a hormonal environment that encourages muscle growth.
- May lessen immune-suppressive effects due of intense exercise.
Horizon Organic Milk Plus DHA Omega-3 is fortified with a natural, 100% vegetarian and sustainable source of DHA – a safe, wholesome, delicious way to bring more of this important nutrient into your family’s diet. Visit www.horizonorganicdha.com to learn more!
Enter your zip code in Horizon’s Store Locator to find where to buy this and other Horizon products.
Two of my readers will each get 4 coupons – two for a free half gallon of the new Horizon Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3 and two coupons for $1 off a half gallon of the same milk. To enter, please visit Horizon Organic’s website and leave a comment telling me what other product you’d like to try, or if you already have a favorite, you can tell me that, too.
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my feed by feed reader or email (or let me know if you already do).
- Follow me on Twitter (@OhMariana) and tweet about this giveaway (one time): Mmmm, chocolate! I just entered to win free Horizon Organic chocolate milk from @ohMariana! http://tiny.cc/horizon798
- Become a fan of Horizon on Facebook.
- Grab my button (at the bottom of the page) and link to me in your sidebar or blog roll.
Horizon Organic provided me with the information above, as well as coupons for myself and for giveaway. Contest ends March 13th, 2010 11:59 pm EST. US entries only. One person per household may enter. Leave a separate comment for each entry & a valid email address. Winners, chosen at random, have 3 days to claim their prize.