So it’s been a week since I took on the mission to get Hot by BlogHer.
And I’m ECSTATIC because it’s been such a great 7 days. Is it wrong to say that last weekend’s food poisoning was a blessing? I haven’t gotten my appetite back since.
I’ve also had NO coffee or soda all week, and have eaten pretty well, trying to cut carbs a bit. This has all led to me sleeping SO much better and just having more energy throughout the day. Oh… and I lost two lbs!
I chose to tackle a personal challenge this week, with my goal being to carve out 20 minutes a day just for myself. Between taking care of the girls, cleaning, and all the time I spend online, I realized that I really don’t do that much for me.
So what did I do for 20 minutes everyday? Let’s see…
- I read a mindless magazine from cover to cover (Entertainment Weekly)
- I took a 20-minute shower and used my yummy lime salt scrub
- I plucked my eyebrows, and yes, sadly that took 20 minutes
- I played game after game on my iPod touch
- I caught up on the Post’s crossword puzzles from the past few weeks
- I gave myself a much needed mani-pedi
- and took another deliciously long shower
So I’m looking forward to another great week! A special new toy will be delivered to me this Wednesday that’ll hopefully help me a wee bit. (hint hint!)