My first impression of Justine Dorsey – when I saw a photo of her – is that she’s super cute! And at only 14 years old, she’s already accomplished a ton. She’s a talented actress, and now, with her debut album, proves to be a gift singer/songwriter as well. Justine reminded me of someone you’d see on the Disney Channel, and who knows? She might just be the next big star!
Some fun facts about Justine:
- She played Brigitta in the Sound of Music at the Hollywood Bowl to over 40,000 theater fans.
- She played the character of the American Girls doll Felicity for 1 1/2 years at the American Girl Theater in Los Angeles.
- She plays Rob Lowe’s daughter in the hit TV show Brothers and Sisters on ABC – her little sister Kerris is a series regular on the same show, playing Sally Field’s granddaughter.
- She’s the youngest person ever nominated for an L.A. Music Award in the singer/songwriter category.
- She just completed Colorwheel, an album in which she arranged and wrote two of the songs: English Rose and Living Dolls.
Colorwheel includes 11 tracks whose lyrics will resonate with the tween/teen crowd. Justine sings about typical teen issues like breakups and crushes. There’s a refreshing retro feel to some of the songs, and her voice is beautiful! It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I definitely liked the catchiness of “Karma” and the tough lyrics of “Breakup Song”. You can preview the entire album online and even download a free MP3 of the jazzy “Shut My Big Mouth”!
Justine’s album, Colorwheel, is available on iTunes.
Giveaway is closed. Winners have been contacted and are listed here.
Win Justine Dorsey’s Colorwheel CD & lovely Lilla Rose necklace! To enter, please visit www.justinedorsey.com, download her FREE song “Shut My Big Mouth” and leave a comment telling me what you think!
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my feed by feed reader or email (or let me know if you already do).
- Tweet about this giveaway (one time): #Giveaway! Win Justine Dorsey’s new CD – perfect for you tween/teen! http://tiny.cc/justineD #RWNH (Follow me on Twitter @OhMariana if you aren’t already!)
- Link to me in your sidebar or blog roll. Feel free to grab my button (at the bottom of the page).
Contest ends June 5th, 2010 11:59 pm EST. US entries only, one person per household. Leave a separate comment per entry & a valid email address. Winner, chosen at random, has 3 days to claim their prize.
This product review was made possible by the Double Duty Divas. I was not compensated for this review other than with the product sample described above. All opinions are 100% mine.