This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with LUBRIDERM and Latina Bloggers Connect.
To say the weather here has been CRAZY would be an understatement! On Saturday it was almost 70º outside. By Monday night it was in the 20s, Tuesday morning it snowed several inches, and now it’s incredibly sunny, and while still cool and breezy, there’s no sign of the beautiful snow! These ups and downs really wreak havoc on your skin. It starts to feel like the bark on this tree… rough, dry, scaly, flaky, and dull.
But a little dry skin doesn’t keep us from playing outside for hours!
Every time we get good amount of snow, it’s like the first time all over again. The girls giggle wildly as they lay in the soft snow, making angels, burying each other, and teaming up to throw snow balls at me! We make a snowman, and Maura’s always the one to run in the house in search of a carrot nose. It’s like putting the star atop the Christmas tree!
We play outside until we’re practically too numb to move, then go inside and thaw out with a cup of hot cocoa or tea, and cuddle on the couch to watch TV or read a book. It’s just perfect. One of many family moments to treasure always!
But, man, during one of those cuddles, I touched Maura’s leg, and you’d think I was petting an alligator! Dry, rough, bumpy – not that I’ve ever actually touched an alligator – but oh my goodness! What happened to her babysoft skin? When she was a baby, I’d lather her up with lotion and massage her little feet and chubby legs after each bath. That doesn’t exactly happen too often 6 years later.
That, combined with the dry indoor heat and the exposure to cold wind outside, makes for extra dry skin! We’ve been trying out several of Johnson & Johnson’s LUBRIDERM® products this month- PERFECT timing. One thing I’ve learned over the years is that you don’t need to splurge on expensive body lotions. Most formulas, even the inexpensive ones like LUBRIDERM®, have similar ingredients.
For beautifully-moisturized skin you can feel comfortable in, these are a few of my tips:
- Put a humidifier in every bedroom.
- Apply a good moisturizing lotion immediately after baths or showers, while your skin is still damp. You want to trap the moisture in! We use LUBRIDERM® Daily Moisture Lotion Shea + Calming Lavender Jasmine – it leaves skin smelling great!
- Only bathe once every day (or two) and not with water that’s too hot.
- When skin is really dry, put an extra moisturizing lotion, like LUBRIDERM® Advanced Therapy Lotion, on your hands and feet at night then wear soft gloves and thick socks to bed.
- As added protection, always put lotion on before going outside, like LUBRIDERM® Daily Moisture Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 – two lotions in one!
Twitter party alert! Join Latina Bloggers Connect and Lubriderm tonight at 9pm EST/ 6PM PST for the #FamiliaLubriderm Twitter Party. RSVP and participate for your chance to win a $50 gift card by clicking here.
YOUR TURN: How do you keep your family’s skin healthy & moisturized?