I have a ton of chicken in the freezer that I’ve found on sale so that’s the reason for so much of it this week. Otherwise I usually try to balance it out – 2 nights chicken, 2 nights meat, 1 night fish, 1 night pork, or something like that. Hubby would eat a big juicy steak every night if it were up to him!
I got this recipe for chicken & biscuits from Kraft’s Food & Family Magazine. You can print the original recipe off of the website; I change it up just a little bit to make it more figure-friendly.
- 1 can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, seasoned with S&P, thyme, whatever you have on hand (I like to shred it)
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded(the sharper, the better)
- 3 Tbsp. low-fat milk or Half-and-Half
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix (I use Bisquick – great coupon in last Sunday’s ads)
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in a big baking dish (I use a 2-quart). Stir in chicken, vegetables and cheese.
- Stir milk and remaining sour cream into baking mix. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds on top of chicken mixture. Make sure to not make the dollops of the biscuit mixture too big or they won’t cook through. If you use a regular tablespoon they come out just right.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.