The most valuable piece of swag I came home with from BlogHer this past July was a copy of Office Small Business 2007. It retails for $449.95, and includes Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Publisher, and Word. I thought my husband would love it, but he’s happy with the basic Excel and Word that came pre-installed on his computer. So what did he suggest? You guessed it. He said “Why don’t you give it away on your blog?” Isn’t he sweet to think of you, my dear readers?
Well, it’s three months later, and I’m finally getting around to giving it away! I heard about a contest that Microsoft is sponsoring that sounds really cool, so I thought this would be a good tie-in.
- Calling all student and women bloggers! Microsoft is kicking off a contest in which two bloggers will win the chance to blog live from the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, BC, as a credentialed member of the press. The Microsoft Office team, with support from the U.S. Olympic Committee, is looking for one student blogger and one woman blogger who will use the latest technology to blog from the Games.
- To register for the contest, eligible contestants who have had an active blog for at least three months should go to www.officewintergames.com and submit a short 250-word sample post on why they are the best candidate to cover the Vancouver Games. People can submit entries until Nov. 1.
- Starting Nov. 2, a panel of judges, including five-time Olympic gold medalist Bonnie Blair and CollegeHumor.com stars Jake Hurwitz and Amir Blumenfeld, will select the top five semi-finalists from each category. The public will then get to vote on their favorite blogger to send to the games.
- The prize package includes a trip to the Consumer Electronics Show in January, a week at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, BC, press credentials at the Olympics, and the latest technology including Microsoft Office 2010, Office Web Apps and a fully equipped Acer Aspire 4810 Timeline laptop. You can follow the contest on Twitter at #blogathlete.
Doesn’t that sound like an absolute dream?! I’m working on my entry at the moment and am finding it so hard to write. And there are only 3 days left! So I have to hurry. This is an opportunity too good to pass up!
Back to my contest.
To enter to win Office Small Business 2007, just leave a comment on this post. Thank you and good luck!
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my feed (or let me know if you already do).
- Follow me on Twitter (@OhMariana) and tweet about this giveaway (only one time): I just entered to win Office Small Business 2007 from @ohMariana – http://bit.ly/3n6tid (a $450 value!)
- Grab my button (at the bottom of the page) and link to me in your sidebar or blog roll.
Contest ends: November 12th, 2009 11:59 pm EST. US entries only. Leave a separate comment for each entry & a valid email address/blog URL. Winner, chosen at random, has 3 days to claim their prize.