With summer in full swing, there is no better time to learn about animals and nature and get outside with your kids to enjoy all the warm weather has to offer!
Have your kids ever read Ranger Rick magazine? It’s a children’s nature magazine that is published by the National Wildlife Federation and it’s been around forever. I had a subscription when I was a little girl, and now my 8-year-old, Maya, just loves it!
Now that you’re familiar with Ranger Rick, join us for a Twitter party today with the National Wildlife Federation to spread the word about an exciting new app, Ranger Rick’s Tree House, which features fun, interactive games, tons of animal photos and facts – presenting wildlife education in both an entertaining and educational way for kids ages 7-12. Use the app to encourage your kids to learn more about animals and get outside this summer to explore the great outdoors on their own!
We’ll talk about the Ranger Rick’s Tree House app, along with other fun ideas and helpful tips for building excitement about nature among kids and families!
- When: Wednesday, June 5th at 1p ET / noon CT/ 10aPT
- Where: We’ll be on Twitter – follow the #RRtreehouse hashtag to track the conversation. You can see the details and RSVP via this Twtvite: http://twtvite.com/RRtreehouse
- Hashtag: #RRtreehouse
- Prizes: We will award five prizes throughout the party to participants who respond correctly to trivia questions. Each prize will include a basket of goodies from Ranger Rick for your little explorer:
- Ranger Rick Plush
- Ranger Rick Nature Notebook
- Ranger Rick Drawstring Backpack
- Ranger Rick yellow binoculars
- June/July issue of Ranger Rick print magazine
- Hosts: @theMotherhood, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann
- TweetGrid for the party: http://bit.ly/14DnrRi
- Your fellow co-hosts:
- Amber, Parent Palace – @ParentPalace
- Angela, About a Mom – @aboutamom
- Donna, Blog by Donna – @DonnaChaffins
- Kasandria, Southern Bella’s Ways To Save – @waystosave
- Kate, The Guavalicious Life – @guavalicious
- Kim, Two Kids and a Coupon – @2kidsandacoupon
- Mariana, The Domestic Buzz – @ohMariana
- Marianna, Marianna – @GreenMamasPad
- Mickey, A Helicopter Mom – @ahelicoptermom
- Shannon, The Mommy-Files – @themommyfiles
Disclosure: I’m being compensated to co-host the Twitter party, but all opinions are my own.