This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Walmart
and MamásLatinas, but all opinions are my own.
Whenever I shop at Walmart, I always leave with SO much more than was originally on my list! This past weekend, the girls and I visited a fairly new store at Tysons Corner, a big shopping center in Northern Virginia. It’s smaller than most, but I could still find everything I was looking for, and I’m happy that it’s closer to us than all the other stores in the DC area.
What did we buy? Groceries- breakfast foods and snacks for school lunches mostly, some apparel basics – socks, undies, etc. – and the last of the supplies that the girls need for the first day of school next week. I also let them choose nail polish for their back-to-school manicures, and found a couple of cute outfits for them at great prices!
There was no line… wonderful. Everyone seems to be using self checkout these days! I prefer a human, myself, especially when I have a cart full of items. There was a little sign about Savings Catcher at the checkout, but the gracious cashier made no mention of it, just small talk with my girls about them going back to school soon. I gave her my coupons, swiped my credit card, and we were on our way!
As soon as we got home, I pulled up the Walmart app on my phone,
and hit the ‘Savings Catcher’ button…
I was pleasantly surprised by how incredibly simple it is to use!
The code on the receipt scanned almost instantly with my phone’s camera.
The app told me right away that 79 competitors were found, flashing
their names across the screen. Local grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.
And now for the wait. After just over 3 days, I received a notification on my phone that “1 or more” ads were lower than Walmart’s prices. Yay! An email popped up in my inbox the next day, telling me “We found a lower price & you get the difference!” and that my savings were ready to transfer to a Walmart eGift Card at any time.
So how much did I save?
Just under $2. On juice. While it may not seem like much, I can see it adding up over time! I plan to let my savings accumulate so I have a nice bonus gift card to use for my holiday shopping in a few months. It’s like having your own little Walmart savings account! This is just one example of how shopping at Walmart is like shopping confidence.
As a reminder…
- After shopping at a Walmart store, save your receipt. You must scan it within 7 days.
- Enter the receipt number into the Savings Catcher website, or scan your Walmart receipt with your phone using the Walmart app. The app is available for Apple and Android phones! You must have a Walmart account for both methods.
- Walmart will now scan circulars from top competitors in your area, comparing prices on items on your receipt.
- You’ll get a notification on your phone and/or an email from Walmart within 3 days, notifying you whether or not any lower prices were found on items you purchased.
- If the Savings Catcher finds a lower advertised price, you get the difference! You have the option of cashing out those savings for a Walmart eGift Card, which is sent via email, or letting the funds accumulate.
- Remember, your purchase must have been made within the last 7 days, so hurry up and scan your receipt or you might misplace it!