This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and SlimFast.
This post is brought to you by SlimFast. All thoughts and content are my own.
I don’t drink cocktails often, but sometimes an icy cold drink is the perfect way to end a hot summer evening! Restaurants and bars are super creative with their fancy drinks… that are also full of extra calories. You can be JUST as creative – in the comfort of your own home – and not feel guilty about it. Did you ever think of making a SlimFast shake into a cocktail?
DR Mixologist, Darryl Robinson, host of “Drink up” on The Cooking Channel, created a few recipes exclusively for SlimFast, featuring some of the tastiest and trendiest ingredients of the season. SlimFast shakes are the perfect base for deliciously creamy summer cocktails/mocktails and Darryl’s new recipes contain just 130-190 calories per serving. I made this one and it turned out yummy! Creamy and refreshing! Great for a girls’ night or a backyard BBQ.
- 2 oz SlimFast French Vanilla Shake
- 1 oz white rum OR raspberry-flavored rum
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 pieces of fresh ginger, to taste
- 1 tsp agave syrup OR honey
- 1 ice cube; add more as needed for a smoother consistency
- Additional berries for garnish
- Blend all the ingredients together. There’s enough SlimFast in that 10oz bottle to make 5 drinks. I used citrus-flavored rum and ground ginger because that’s what I had on hand.
- Pour into a pretty glass.
- Garnish with a berry.
- For a mocktail, just omit the rum!
Serve it. Work it. Enjoy this treat responsibly!