I love a good corn dog. I remember my grandma used to make beer-battered ones when I was a little girl. How did she get the batter to stick to the hot dog so perfectly, I wondered? I know the oil had to be just the right temperature, the batter thick, but not too thick, she had to use all beef hot dogs and dip them just so… the process seemed a little messy and complicated! Years later, I’ve never actually attempted to make them myself…
Disclosure: I am being compensated by Hillshire Brands™ for sharing this information with you as part of a Mom It Forward Blogger Network campaign.
Because buying them at the store is just too easy! My kids love State Fair Corn Dogs. In fact, I just bought a box of them at Safeway over the weekend with a coupon I downloaded from the Safeway just for U coupon center. Gotta love a discount.
State Fair Corn Dogs are ready in practically seconds and are an easy, convenient, and fun go-to source of protein which I sometimes struggle to get my girls to eat enough of. They like the classic flavor that reminds them of the dog on a stick that you get at the county fair. I serve them up with a side of grapes, baby carrots, and a cheese stick, and for dipping, ketchup and mustard, of course! It’s a fun, kid-friendly meal that’s also easy for me to pack as a school lunch.
At the Safeway just for U coupon center, you’ll not only find a coupon for State Fair Corn Dogs, but can get valuable savings on other Hillshire Brands products as well, so you can add protein to every meal! Some examples:
• State Fair Corn Dogs – $1/1
• Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage -$.55/1
• Hillshire Farm Cocktails (Lil Smokies) – $.55/1
• Jimmy Dean Refrigerated Sausage -$.55/1
• Jimmy Dean Frozen Breakfast -$1/1
• Ball Park Hot Dogs -$.55/1
Some more yummy posts from other bloggers featuring Hillshire Brands products:
• Bring home the State Fair with Hillshire Farms
• Buttermilk Biscuit Waffles with Creamy Sausage Gravy
• Chicago Style Hot Dogs
• Glazed Sausage Waffle on a Stick
• Hot Dog Kebabs for a Kid-Friendly Lunch
• Mummy Dogs for Halloween Fun
• Smokin’ Sausage, Eggs and Potatoes
• Zombie Muffins