I mentioned in a previous post how you should take a chance and try a new recipe this Thanksgiving. Well, I’ve done the dirty work for you! Here are a few for you to try. Some are traditional favorites, others have a unique twist. Even if you’re not much of a cook, click on the links anyway. They are all wonderful blogs!
- Chrissy shares a recipe for a hearty Roasted Vegetable soup on her blog, Storm of Thoughts. The veggies can easily be chopped and roasted ahead of time!
- Melissa, from Your Fun Family blog, makes turkey several times a year, and offers up a simple recipe, including tips on how to roast it and make more flavorful drippings.
- Some people don’t like turkey, right? Jessica, from MomFuse, provides an alternative with her family’s recipe for Cranberry Meatloaf.
- Jenn, at Frugal Upstate, shares a recipe for Mushroom Stuffing that one of her readers submitted for her Frugal Thanksgiving Mini Series. Great for mushroom lovers!
- For something a little different, take a look at Linda’s Crock Pot Calico Beans recipe. You probably already have all the ingredients you need in your pantry.
- Kristie shares her grandmother’s recipe for Baked Corn on her blog, Karene’s Kitchen. She’ll be posting new recipes everyday up until Thanksgiving, so check back often!
- Sweet potatoes are a must-have on my Thanksgiving menu. Caryn, from Cooking and Eating Through Texas, shares her Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping.
- My mom always makes an apple salad for family get-togethers. This is an easy recipe for Apple Waldorf Salad, also from Caryn.
- Janine, from Twofer the Price of One, shares her grandmother’s famous Apple Pie recipe.
- And just for fun, why don’t you try Jenni’s recipe for brownies? It’s the Jiggety Family Recipe. With the step-by-step directions and photos she provides, there’s no way you can mess these up!