I haven’t stepped on a scale in over a month. So much for my monthly weigh-ins! Sigh. I know I haven’t lost much, as I’ve been incredibly busy and not exercising or eating as well as I need to be. Putting myself first is – and always has been – my biggest challenge. I have noticed that my pants, particularly my jeans, are all baggy, though. My favorite pair won’t even stay up unless I wear a belt. I hate belts, so with Fall right around the corner, I know it’s time to find a pair of jeans that will flatter my figure… but shopping for jeans that fit perfectly can be frustrating. Here are some tips.
Denim Done Right: How to find & wear jeans that’ll flatter your figure!
By Sunil Ramchandani, Senior Designer for Jockey Person to Person
1. Fabric: A poly cotton blend will help retain the shape and color much longer. Hand washing will allow the material to last much longer as well. A mid weight, 8 to 11 ounces per yard, will be perfect for year round wear.
2. Fit: The waist should have enough room to fit one finger in between the pants and yourself and the denim must be fitted through the thigh and knee. The rise should be 1” below your belly button but no more than 3”.
3. Length: If you are wearing flats, your jeans should touch the floor. With heels, the pant leg should be ¼” above the floor on your back heel. Make sure to have separate pairs to wear with heels and flats.
4. Leg Shapes and Body Types: Bootlegs work best on Pear and Hourglass body shapes. Straight legs work best on Apple and Pencil body shapes. Wide legs work best on Strawberry shapes.
5. Camouflage Your Flaws: If you have a slight belly, you should go for a stretch fit and wear it with longer length, un-tucked boots. If you have a large bottom, go for a slightly lower rise with simple back pockets. Big Hips, the boot cut is your friend as it will help rebalance your figure.
Check out the Jockey Person to Person denim collection and remember you have to feel good in your own skin in order to look great in a good pair of jeans!
Jockey Person to Person is one of North America’s premier direct sales companies offering extraordinary women’s apparel and accessories, created for today’s on-the-go woman. To find out more, visit JockeyPersontoPerson.com.