100 DAYS OF WEIGHT LOSS, DAY 9
Continuing with yesterday’s theme, today I’m thinking about what the secret to getting good support from others is. The secret is… me. I have to figure out exactly what I want, what motivates me, and what frustrates me. I took a little quiz in the 100 Days of Weight Loss book, and this is what I came up with:
- If you see me eating something that’s not on my diet plan, ask me how I’m doing, how my day is going.
- When I’m making progress, such as losing weight, compliment me on how I look, but not in front of others. A non-food gift wouldn’t hurt.
- When I’m struggling or gaining weight, hug me and show me extra affection. I probably need it. Offer to take a walk with me. Not a run, mind you, because I’ll feel bad if I can’t keep up.
- When I’m making progress you can’t see (such as improving my self-esteem), ask me how my efforts are going. Again, I wouldn’t reject a non-food gift.
- When I’ve maintained my weight (even though I may still want to lose more), tell me you are proud of me and compliment me on my looks and my efforts.
So now I’m supposed to read these answers out loud to one of my support people… like my husband or a good friend. I’m not sure I’m ready to do that just yet. Maybe I’ll just print it out and post it on the fridge for now.
- Exercise: Nothing. Lazy Sunday.
- Steps: Found my Shine! It was attached to the inside of the washer (via magnet). Thank goodness I hadn’t started the wash yet.
- Craving: Pumpkin butter on toast
- Reading: Clipping coupons… does that count?
**Want to participate in this challenge? Read through my 100 Days posts and buy “100 Days of Weight Loss” by Linda Spangle.