This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Walgreens. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
It’s that time of year again! Your nose is runny, you’re congested, sneezing and coughing non-stop, your head and body ache… all symptoms of a cold. Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out if it’s an actual cold or just seasonal allergies. For me, the way I know it’s a cold is in the body aches. Everything hurts! I often get a slight fever, too. It’s important to be prepared for, prevent, and know how to relieve a cold. Here are some tips:
- Wash your hands! Just imagine all the things we touch throughout the day that are never cleaned- door knobs, handrails, elevator buttons, keyboards, light switches, telephones, exercise equipment, money. Washing your hands before eating and touching your face is essential!
- Disinfect! While you may not be able to clean everything you touch, you can disinfect surfaces in your home and office, like phones and doorknobs. I also carry around a little bottle of sanitizer. Everywhere.
- Drink lots of fluids! Water, water, water! Herbal tea is a good way to get it in, as is a brothy soup. I also give my girls watered down juices to mix things up.
- Stay away! Avoid close contact with people who have a cold, especially during the first few days when symptoms appear and people are more likely to spread their germs. If you’re sick, be considerate and stay away from public places.
- Rest! If you do get sick, give yourself a break. Your body needs it.
YOUR TURN: How do you prepare for the cold season?
So that you’re prepared for any bugs that may come your way, be sure to visit your local Walgreens to stock up on products like these:
- Walgreens Wal-Dryl Children’s Allergy Relief Fast Dissolving Tablets (my kids LOVE these! Much easier for them to take than a liquid medicine.)
- Walgreens Children’s Multi-Symptom Cold
- Walgreens Children’s Cough & Runny NoseLysol Foam
- Walgreens Cough DM (for children & adults)
- Tylenol Cold Multi Symptom
- Dimetapp Day/Night Pack: Cold & Cough and Nighttime Cold & Congestion
- DayQuil Severe Cold & Flu Pack (day & night)
- Mucinex Fast Max Day Time Severe Cold & Nighttime Cold (this is my FAVORITE product! I always have it on hand.)
- Mucinex DM Expectorant & Cough Suppressant