What’s buzzing on the web this week? Every Sunday, I’ll post a Mr. Linky, asking you to share your favorite posts. I’ll also share some of my finds, of course!
What I’ve Been Reading
- My friend Cathy shares 10 ways to stay healthy this season that don’t include a flu shot at Let’s Be Green Together.
App of the Week
- Angry Birds, the popular mobile app, has just launched a Halloween version for the iPhone and iPad. Fun! I just wish it didn’t cost extra, since I already doled out 5 bucks for the original.
- Promo Codes: What are they and how do they work? at Moms With Apps. Good tip: “Follow the app developer on Facebook and Twitter so you’ll be informed of promo code giveaways and free app offers…”
- Easy content scheduling for bloggers at ProBlogger, including an example of a color-coded Google Doc. I’m totally borrowing the idea!
- Win a new blog design for your Blogger blog from the SITS Girls. Ends October 30.
- Marry your blog to your life… and watch it take off. Man, I wish my husband was this supportive!
- Sony has officially retired the cassette Walkman. I honestly didn’t even know they were still making them! I haven’t seen one in years.
- You don’t need a disc to stream Netflix movies on the Wii or PlayStation 3 anymore! Now you just have to download an app. You do have to have a Netflix subscription, of course. If you’d like a free 1-month trial, leave a comment here and I’ll email you a code.
- The new MacBook Air was just released this past week. There are two options – a 13.3-inch model and an 11.6-inch, similar in size to an iPad. They start at $1299 and $999, respectively, and are available now.
- The HP Slate was also officially launched this week, though I’ve seen it being used on Project Runway for a while. It’ll set you back $799, but it has lots of features, including a USB port and two cameras. Will you be getting the HP Slate? I’m not even considering it… I’m happy with my iPad. 😉 Read more on Engadget.
Tis the Season
- Tara shares 10 handmade Christmas gifts you can make now at Feels Like Home.
- Important reminders about Halloween Safety at Time to Play Mag’s The Play Forum.